Thread: .Mac Sync
View Single Post
I am very new to testing the OF alpha so my thoughts are not well thought through but as an immediate response I have to say that some kind of 'store in the cloud' (not necessarily true 'syncing' - the requirement to only have a single OF instance across the relevant machines would be tolerable - as per iGTD) seems to be a requirement for me in a trusted system.

If I always have to have a certain physical object with me then a moleskine plus some index cards seems (at first think through) seems to be a better object based system than my laptop. The knowledge that I need to crack a specific laptop to access my tasks (making the context for everything '@OF_laptop + @other') is uninspiring. The ability to reliably use any Mac would be a big advantage.

Anyway I look forward to testing the available features with an open mind but the prospect of well-thought through .mac integration (those who don't want .mac need not use the relevant OF feature) or even better a 'cloud storage' option provided by OMNI themselves would be an instant deal maker for me. The form of syncing or portable/cloud storage in OF V1 will be the decision point between iGTD and OF.

I could live with a lot less features in early versions of OF to have a good implementation of 'cloud storage' or some other method that achieves that. Perhaps the original file on a thumb-drive and the back-up on the hard-drive?

Anyway that's my initial thoughts. Time to go play hard with my options and see what educated opinions I end up with.