View Single Post
I’m seeing some very strange behaviour in relation to a project I have set to repeat every day (mark complete when completing last item, repeat from completion date, start time 9AM, end time 9PM).

Whenever I complete the project and check the Planning Mode view, I can see that the project has indeed been re-created for tomorrow’s date, but by the time tomorrow rolls around I will often find that a second copy of the project has been generated, or that the project that was completed has now reappeared and is marked overdue, so I have the new project (for today) and an empty (all tasks completed), overdue project (for yesterday).

My best guess is that this has to do with syncing to OmniFocus for iPhone, which recently added support for repeating projects/tasks. Is it possible that, during the process of syncing, the iPhone app is marking the project as completed and generating its own repeated copy of the project in addition to the repeated copy already created by the desktop app? That would explain some but not all of the behaviour I’m seeing.