View Single Post
Quote:
isn't this a "hard landscape" issue? I mean to say, isn't a daily/weekly/monthly routine checklists that are do-or-die "brush your teeth" tasks in a strict cycle just more useful outside of your weekly reviewed task list, far away from the choices we're forced to make about how to use our time?
I see what you are saying and, for me, there are some of these repeating things that I have turned into "routines" or scheduled hard landscape pieces. At the same time I have other things that need to come up repeatedly that are better suited to a GTD action or project because just exactly when I do them is not that important. Honestly, right now, what I'm wishing for with most of these is a custom repeating feature like iCal has but for others I'm sure work week would be the same idea.

For instance, I have to prepare for a meeting that occurs on the 4th wed of every month and it is too soon to prepare more than a couple days ahead so on the 4th monday of every month I want to create a project with all the actions in it. I know I will do them before Wed afternoon but they can be done Monday or Tues or Wed morning so they are not truly hard landscape.
I like my hard landscape to mostly contain appointments with specific start and stop times so also I might use this if I needed to do it every work day but at no particular time and not as a part of a routine.

I really really hope they add the custom repeat functionality though

Cheers,
Shanana