View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogan View Post
That's actually pretty close to the situation where I'd like to put individual actions on hold. I have a project called "Fitness" where I put all sorts of tasks and ideas about fitness -- "look into proper form for exercise X," "ask personal trainer about X," "research health of food X, etc." I toss these on the list, but later when I go to organize things, I look at many of them and say "you know, maybe someday that would be nice to do, but who knows when/if I'll ever have to time to get around to it."
I think I'd handle this by moving everything up one level. In other words, I'd create a folder called "Fitness" or "Health". After all, it's not really something that is ever going to be completed in a traditional sense; it's really more an "area of responsibility" than a project.

Then, inside my new "Fitness" folder, I'd create the necessary projects and single-action lists (SAL) to organize all my actions. This gives you a lot more flexibility because now you can create multiple projects (which are, in many ways, more flexible than action groups in a single project), and they can be individually marked as complete, dropped, put on hold, etc.

Plus, I'd also create a "Someday/Maybe" SAL in the "Fitness" folder and put it on hold. Any single actions that I'm considering for the future, I'd drop in there. Some might later be expanded into full-fledged projects. Other might remain single actions and later be moved to a different SAL that's not on hold.