View Single Post
I'm in agreement so much as I think a definitive decision needs to be made one way or the other for the maintenance and improvement of OmniWeb, and then let that decision be pursued intently. If the Omni Group feel they want to continue development for their browser, then keep it relevant enough and operational enough to justify its use as a feature complete and bug free product. Or make it open-source and see if users can do the same. My personal opinion is that OW currently is in a stasis of glacial updating for new features and fixes for their persistent bugs, but still has its potential it had as an innovative web browser that unfortunately is getting surpassed as competing browsers improve.

I don't mean to sound overly critical of the development team here: But when a broken feature such as RSS is advertised as working on their homepage, something that every regular forum visitor knows hasn't worked properly for months; combined with little long-standing bugs such as the common bloated HistoryIndex.ox beachball when users keep the default 30 day history OW ships with means that something needs to change.

But here's to a bright future for OmniWeb.