View Single Post
Sorry to stir up a ghost, but I searched for answers to this question and this went unanswered and remains mostly unaddressed (in my mind). Or maybe I'm just an ignorant newbie. Then again thomasgchappell never returned, and GeekLady hasn't posted since 2007. Maybe they are just quiet experts now?

I can see Contexts are supposed to be (reasonable enough) used for the on-hold part of the question. What about dealing with a parallel project with Actions and/or parallel and/or sequential Groups? Only the top Action (in the list) shows up in next-actions. This seems contrary to both the idea of parallel actions and the idea of grouping. Why would I not want to see and plan to handle perhaps 3-4 parallel next actions from one project just as I would from many projects?

Or am I supposed to use Available rather than Next Action?

Perhaps the whole notion of letting OF (or any other app) decide what I should be able to see (and thus plan to do next) is flawed as most often one needs to be able to make a judgement that is more complex than simply a linear decision?

This brings me back to the desire to more easily be able to select tasks for the day/week and get them into a calendar view so I can schedule time to devote to them.

Any advice would be appreciated.