View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb
I'm not sure why I should be able to have families of subtasks who's parent cannot be treated like a project (with sequential/parallel switch, for example).
If I'm following you - this feature is already implemented. If you select a parent task, and right click, the context menu has a "parallel" option. Toggling this sets the group of tasks to be either parallel or sequential.

I have several projects that have sub-projects that can all be worked on at the same time. Each of the sub-projects, however, are series of tasks. The main project is marked "parallel" and the sub-projects are "serial" (parallel is unchecked).

So if I use the "next" view, only the first task in the sub-project at the top of the list appears. If I use the "available" view, I see the first task in each of the sub-projects.

I didn't find the context menu item until told about it, and would suggest using the same UI as for projects (lined up, or side by side arrows in the task line), but the functionality works great for me.