View Single Post
I use a concept that is similar to the Single-Action List. I use a Someday / Maybe List. Honestly, I can't remember if I created it or if it was already there in the base OF product. I use a Someday / Maybe context as well and I know I had to create one or the other of either the list or the context ;))

As you know the Single-Action List is technically a project and is organized under the Planning Mode. For me, it's no more than a bucket for collecting all of those annoying little single actions that don't belong to a "project" per se.

Similarly, in Planning Mode, I created (or it was already there) a "Project" called "Someday / Maybe List" which is my bucket for collecting all of the someday/maybe projects that I'd like to accomplish. Similar to the Single-Action List project, I used the inspector to set Type:Single Actions and Staus: Hold.

I realize that (for the GTD purists among us) the notion of classifying my Someday / Maybe List as "single actions" is not technically correct since by definition a project requires more than one action to complete. However, my Someday Maybe List is populated with items that my intuition tells me will be "projects" and not "single actions". And besides, I like that funky little blue shoebox icon ;)

Once I get to the point where I'm ready to commit to a project on my Someday / Maybe List, I simply drag it out of the Someday / Maybe List and make it a full fledged project.

Last edited by rebunkerjr; 2009-04-11 at 05:40 AM..