View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Most projects and action groups don't have a context, so the question we always had about this was "where would you see that group in context mode"? (Originally OmniFocus didn't have a "No Context" sidebar section, and later that section wasn't filterable.)

But now that we've made it possible to filter the "No Context" section, I think this is a totally reasonable approach. This change would also give us a good place to list due projects in the Due perspective.
"Most"? Is it possible to assign a context to an action group or project?

If I enter a task and assign it a context, the context goes away and becomes the default context for new items as soon as i add sub-tasks (make it a action group).

This behaviour (projects and action groups not appearing in context-view) is really a show-stopper for me. gshenaut's work-around is only good in sequential structures or if you are only viewing the next action. If the project/action group is parallel and you are looking at any available items the "Plan This ..." Action ist always visible.

Why not just let projects and action groups have a context and bring them up like a task as soon as all sub-tasks are finished. This would really solve a lot of issues at once.

For me nearly all projects are nondeterministic, even simple ones.

Example:

My dishwasher doesn't work any more.

So I make a project or action group: "Repair Dishwasher @home" and the first and only sub-task is "Find Fault @home". When this task is finished I would like "Repair Dishwasher" to appear in context view then I can decide if I (can) do it right away or add new actions "Buy cables and solder @errands" and "Fix powerline @home". Once these are cleared "Repair Dishwasher" comes back up as available (or next) in my @home view and I can tick it off or if it didn't work out add a new sub-task "Call service @phone".

Now I really have to add a "finishing (sub-)task" like gshenaut suggested or hunt after projects/action groups with no next action.