View Single Post
For a long time I worked on the assumption that using Apple's built-in data stores for calendar events, tasks, address book entries, etc. was always going to give me the greatest flexibility and interoperability going forward. At the same time, I wanted more power than was available in iCal, Address Book, etc. So I looked for more capable third-party applications that still, preferably, used Apple's data stores directly, or if not at least synced with them.

For tasks specifically, although I never really settled on one, I wanted to use one of the little utilities like Today or Anxiety to display just the tasks I was working on at the moment. I also wanted to use things like MailTags to get tasks into the system. For the past year or two, though, I've been finding that nothing else out there matches OmniFocus's capture or (using Perspectives) selective display capabilities anyway. It goes without saying that OF is way ahead of anything else when it comes to organizing and managing tasks. So there's still a nagging concern that one of these days I'm going to want to switch to something else and it's going to be a huge pain to get my data out of the OF silo, but until then, syncing tasks isn't the issue that I thought it was going to be.

That said, this may be going a little too far afield for this thread, but one capability I'd really like to have is integration between OmniFocus and Daylite. Getting that to work smoothly would require syncing not just at the task level, but also the project level.