View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2Astronaut View Post
Having an extra list around to sync, check off and dilly dally with makes no sense.
The point is if your Mac is a desktop machine, you might want to take your list with you in electronic form, and have any changes you make to it reflected back on your Mac once you sync. The whole point of synchronizing is that it's not an "extra" list, because the software updates changes on both platforms automatically. If you always have your Mac with you, or if you have OmniFocus on the iPhone, I can see your point. But not all of us are in that situation. Some members of this forum can't even bring their Mac or iPhone to work because of policies against gadgets with cameras.

Quote:
If I should go to the trouble of inputting a date and time on something it should jump into my calendar. Not another list, or having to enter it again in another program. That is wasting my time and not GTD....

Ical won't show a big old stripe through your calendar unless all day event is selected.
I think this is partly a matter of how many actions with deadlines you have. I have about 300 right now, with deadlines between now and the end of the year. If they were represented as events on my calendar, they'd be taking up a lot of space and would distract me from things that are really fixed. It's also partly a matter of how you think about due dates. If I look a month ahead at my calendar, I want to see the things that have fixed times that month, not the things that I could do any time between now and next month.

A reasonable solution would be to sync actions to iCal events as a user-configurable preference. The best way to register your feature request with Omni is to send feedback via the Help menu.

Quote:
I gotta get back to work.
Me too! :-)