View Single Post
I have solved my single task problem by creating a _project group_ called "Single Tasks". I then use projects as single tasks. This way, They are ready to accept sub-tasks if the need arises and are unordered - all projects are next actions.

Alternatively, they could be sorted into one of my project folders. Folders are great! Project grouping without sub-projecting! It took a while for me to figure out the correct difference between contexts and project groups. Here is how I use contexts and project groups:

Context: the _place_ where the task can be done. I work at three different offices, but some of my tasks, I can do anywhere. At first had created @office1, @office2, and @office3 and put all @officeX related tasks in their related context. I found that my mistake was that I should have put some tasks in e.g. @mac or even @email since they were unrelated to the physical office.

Project groups: the _topic_ or _area_ which the task belongs to. I realized my context mistake when I found myself naming my project groups using the same names as I had used for my contexts. "This can't be right" I thought.

So now I have contexts such as @mac and @mac:internet, @officeX, @email/im/phone and @home. My project groups are called things like "OfficeX: Documentation", "People to contact" etc.

Hope this helps somebody.