View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
Apply to other view mode
Focus
Search
Toolbar Visibility
View Bar settings (saves for both view modes, but only is applicable if the "apply to other view mode" setting is on.
One way to solve this cumbersome workflow would be to add a bit to a perspective that would specify whether the focus should be applied when the perspective is applied. It'd be similar to the "apply view bar settings to other mode" bit and would follow a model similar to the "styles" feature that you find in various word processors and graphics editors. It's helpful if I get to choose which attributes to apply.

I'd personally set this bit to "do not modify the focus" in (most of) my perspectives. Then using Ken's tip about focusing from the context view, I could imagine scenarios like this which are impossible today:

1. Fire up a perspective that shows all of my next actions in context view.
2. See a couple that are in the same project.
3. Decide to work on that project; select one of those actions and hit Focus.
4. Fire my other perspective that shows overdue stuff, or the one that sorts by duration, or the one that shows completed actions. Unlike today, they'd all work within my focus because I'd have set them not to apply their focus.

Maybe on that rare occasion I would create a custom perspective that would focus on some portion of my project list, but in general that's not my bag. I prefer perspectives that are generally useful instead of ones that are built for specific projects.

Think about it, man!

Last edited by davisre; 2007-12-06 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: clarity