Thread: UI quibbles
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
1. Processing Inbox: on the iPhone its CONTEXT then PROJECT, while on the Mac its the reverse. I dont care what the order is, but I would like consistency, please.
Yep, and they continued the inconsistency on the iPad :(

What if you could switch the order of the columns on the Mac, would that be a satisfactory resolution?
Quote:
2. No easy toggle of status of Available/Remaining/All for projects and Next/Available/Remaining for Contexts. If I'm looking at a screen and I cant see what I know is there OR I'm drowning in too much stuff, the only way I can find is to go back to the Home screen, select Settings, change the status, and then navigate all the way back to where I was. Is there an easier way ?
No, there's not, although you could build a set of perspectives to use instead, as hypotyposis suggests. Not very satisfying, though. For me, the thing that blunts the pain a bit is that I mostly use the iPhone app for capturing (where this doesn't matter) and doing (where it doesn't matter so much either, as I won't be doing things that aren't available) and so leaving it set to Contexts show Available and Projects show Remaining works acceptably most of the time.
Quote:

3. Concept of review date isn't to be found on the iPhone anywhere - not on the project, and I cant get a list of projects ordered by Review date. This later is a real shame as in those little 5 min blocks one gets in life it would be great to knock off the next review that needs doing.
Not only can't you get the list of projects ordered by Review date (because the iPhone and iPad don't yet do project-based perspectives), but also you can't mark that you did review the project. My first reaction to this point was that someone had copied one of my posts, btw — this was probably my biggest grumble about the iPhone app.
Quote:
4. Finally, that strange beast "Due or Flagged" that I resisted for so long on the Mac, but which I now swear by, hasn't migrated yet the iPhone.
It has, but can only be used in a perspective. If you set up a perspective using it on the Mac, it will appear and work on the iPhone.