View Single Post
1. Editing (and creation) is a must.

2. Support for basic formatting: Color and Font size based on outline level. First version could require this to be set up and defined on the desktop app. Next release could add limited basic format setup.

3. Multiple columns: First version not required - this again could be something saved for future releases.

4. Attachment Support: Not required for first version, but this would be something to get in quickly (before multiple columns).

5. Sync. Not sure how this would be implemented. OO is not like OF - one big database. I don't want OO to change into an app like OF or Yojimbo, where all of its "documents" are stored in one big database app. I suppose if you support iDisk, and it "monitors" the contents of a folder, and keeps them in sync, that might work. Again, for a first release, a manual method of uploading and downloading files to an attached computer or iDisk would acceptable.

6. Something not yet mentioned: It would be *very* handy to be able to email an OO mobile outline in a plain text or rich text format to somebody. (Say notes from a meeting or a plan or series of steps you want to send somebody).

7. Check box/to-do support

I think it is important to get this product out sooner rather than later. This category of apps is starting to get crowded, and even Documents to Go from DataViz is due this month, which will do all sorts of things, including outlining.

You can see my general approach would be to get a solid app out there, and release updates to grow the feature set.

My two cents.

I think this could be a successful space and a logical direction for OmniGroup, looking at their app line up.