View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnuding View Post
Well, it's a bit of a deja vu. When OF came out for the iPhone it made me scratch my head for a while, then eventually I bought it.

This time around it simply won't happen. I think the added benefit of having the iPad in addition to the Mac and iPhone I already have for OF is not in balance with its price. If it had been another $5 ok, but not like that.
Also one needs to see the context that OF is not likely to exist stand-aline on an iPad, you will usually have at least a Mac with another paid copy.
I also find an iPad/iPhone universal app would have been much more elegant.

Anyway, I hope you guys have thought through the part of the market you want to cater to, the risk of alienating users and the opportunities you create for the competition.
I for my part won't buy it and I certainly won't recommend it at this price point
As far as I'm concerned, OF for iPad can definitely act as a stand-alone application. So, some people will only be paying $40, not $120 (if you own all three). For that matter, another competition's product cannot be used as standalone at this point due to missing features. In that case, you would have to pay $70 for the program since you need both desktop and iPad version. So, which one is cheaper?

I know how hard Omni folks worked to bring this application to iPad; so, if you think they deserve a few dollars for their efforts, then I have to disagree vehemently.

You can still use their iPhone application in their iPad. So, you don't have to purchase a separate iPad application if you don't want to.

Just another perspective on this matter.