View Single Post
yes, it needs to do more.

Unless I'm missing something, I can’t attach an address book contact to a task. If I can and I'm just not seeing it, my apologies.

But I tried creating a task and dragging a contact over to it and it put the name of the contact there but no link to the AB entry.

I posted this on another thread talking about how OF handles Notes. I’m not a big fan of the current paradigm, but even if it’s kept the way it is, there are a couple things I'd like to see.

First, the ability to link more types of data to a task. And yes, I've read GTD. Great book. But these aren’t sheets of paper dropped in an in-box. This is a computer and has the capability to cross-reference data to save time and enhance productivity downstream. So if I'm creating a task to call someone on a certain date, why can’t I link to their AB contact from within the task itself? That makes sense to me.

Second, I'd like the option to display within the Notes field either the link itself or an icon representing it that when clicked displays the item in its native application. For example, I don’t want to view PDFs in OF. I have Preview for that and it does a better job of it.

I understand the sentiment that OF is not designed to be a project manager and I totally agree with that statement. And while I think a line needs to be drawn somewhere here, I think it’s reasonable to be able to attach PDFs, contacts, emails and pictures to a task for reference purposes.