View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawDaddy View Post
As far as using OF as a daily planner, I agree with your sentiment. I would like to have a calendar component for those of us that have many hard-date items and need to slide in items like drafting around them.
I guess it depends on your definition of a daily planner, but OF seems to work really well for me in that regard. I'd be disappointed to see any effort or resources spent on adding any kind of calendar, essentially duplicating what iCal already provides. Why reinvent the wheel? Plus, iCal already has pretty good integration with the rest of the system. Maybe a simple export from OF to iCal events (instead of to dos) would satisfy your requirements?

As for flagging, I've started doing the same thing as you. I first check iCal for my hard landscape appointments, then check my flagged items perspective and my due soon perspective. I then have everything I need for the day's tasks.

Every couple of days, I do a quick review of my available items to flag or unflag them as I see fit. For me, flagging means "work on this action today or in the very near future" and things come and go from the list as my priorities and interests change.

-Dennis