View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenH View Post
Clif,

I don't see what you mean by "OF locked down the local database location". In the OF preferences, under "General", I see "Database location" with two buttons "Select a Different Database…" and "Move to a New Location…".

I'm using version 1.0.3 of OF and not the 1.1 Sneaky Peek builds. Do you mean that what seems easy to set up with 1.0.3 (sharing of one database between computers) and which I did with no problem at all with AppleShare, will disappear in the new version? If that is so, it is unfortunate, but I guess I'll have to live with it.

Ellen
In the 1.1 version, you can share the database between multiple computers (including iPhones). I share mine between 3 different machines, and it works quite well. As Andrew says, you'll set it up to sync via a file on your shared fileserver.

As Curt says, OG removed the option in 1.1 to have your database in a custom location. This is not a problem for you. Each copy of OF will have its local copy of the database in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus and any changes made by any copy will be communicated through the central clearinghouse copy on your fileserver to all the other ones.