View Single Post
Thanks for the agreement folks ...

I thought it was just me. I think that maybe seasoned users would just know of this limitation and prepare the graphics prior to importing to OG. But lets face it, that takes way too long when working with tons of screen captures like I do.

These days I can't imagine a graphics app that can't crop an element. It's kind of assumed really ... every word processor, slideshow, video editor, image tool, even my generic text reader/editor can do it!

It is frustrating when an app's power users get most of the update attention. It's natural I suppose, they probably make the most requests. But it leads to apps getting harder to use for the larger user base who probably remain silent. Look at Microsoft Office ... it's incredibly feature heavy now, but trying to make a basic table is still hopeless. Excel is worse.

Once this state is reached, even asking for help becomes aggravating. Answers (though probably technically correct) evolve into advice on how to write scripts, expressions, macros and multilevel boolean searches!

As light user of OmniGraffle (though I can't work without it ) updates scare me ;-) Occasionally things just seem to get harder to use compared to years ago. I'm know it's more powerful ... but somewhere along the line the idea of simply connecting shapes and images together started to get obscured by layers of ... er... layers and inspectors and modifier keys.

Still a great tool .... maybe it just needs a "Stupid" mode for me!

Best

Lee