View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by defilmj View Post
I followed the directions and got WebDav to work on 10.5.
Congratulations! That's definitely a "throw them in the deep end of the pool and hope they can swim" introduction to what's under the hood :)
Quote:
Purchased an Iphone 3G just for the purpose of running OmniFocus despite the horrible 3G network on Wall Street, at NYSE where I work. (If it isn't good there, I don't expect it to be good many other places, and indeed most parts of the largest county in the US (Nassau county, you are in Edge mode).
I'm not sure that it follows that poor 3G network action on Wall Street means it is worse everywhere else. That's a pretty challenging RF environment, and that also doesn't take into account historical factors -- hasn't Verizon long been the dominant carrier in that area? I would expect AT&T to spend its money where its customers are.

Quote:
The point is I am putting up with a lot of grief for Omnifocus instant capture to get rid of 3x5 cards. With my Macbook pro on DHCP, the IP changes every 4 hours at work. This means I have to update the IP on Iphone at least 2-3 times a day. It simply is poor.
So, you do instant capture on the iPhone, but need it promptly reflected on the MBP, is that right? Can't you simply set up a DynDNS account and run the app on your MBP? Then you'll put that DNS name in your iPhone, and every time the DHCP address changes, the new name->address mapping should percolate out to the domain name servers within a couple of minutes, and your iPhone will go to the right address when it tries to sync.

All indications are the Bonjour-based sync should be even easier (assuming you won't need to sync your phone and MBP when they are unable to be on the same network) when OmniFocus for iPhone 1.1 hits the App store. No need to throw in the towel!