View Single Post
There already is a fully-featured Cocoa application that does Gantt, hard-core project planning, and all of the other stuff that OmniPlan does... it's called Merlin and if you need to wrangle a huge project it's perfect.

I guess it's an expectation thing. All of Omnigroup's products have the individual user as the focus, and I was expecting an easy-to-use project management program from them to be the same. I wasn't expecting something so enterprise / large-scale focused, especially when the market is already well served by Merlin.

I'm not saying that Omnigroup shouldn't create OmniPlan, but it seems to me that it's already the "Pro" version. I guess I'm just lamenting that Omnigroup was one of my last hopes for a straight-forward personal PM application and I feel pretty under-served by this release.

BTW: jshell, I disagree: if you can figure out a way to do this with the finder, spotlight, ical, and other applications, have it all integrated, and not requiring a ton of fiddling to maintain, write it up and sell it. I'd buy it. That said, I've already doing what you described and it's a gigantic pain in the ass. I dream of something coming along to alleviate that pain.