View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMethod
here I tend to get hung up is in the "review" step. How often should I be reviewing my actions and projects?
There really is no global answer to this. I think I might even be quoting David Allen by saying you need to review it as often as YOU need to review it. So how ever often works for you so that nothing falls through the cracks.

Basically you need to just use your system and get used to it, then you'll see how often you need to review everything. Some even do it daily, but if you have a lot of projects, you don't want to do it as often as that.
OmniFocus gives you some help here that allows you to tailor your reviews to your needs. I usually do a daily review, but I don't review everything, just the stuff that has come up for a review. You can build a perspective that will show you your projects grouped by next review date, and then just adjust the review frequency (and next review date) in the Inspector as desired to make sure various projects get the review attention they need. For me, there's a tradeoff between not seeing things often enough (-> little progress made) and seeing things too often (-> little progress made) and this setup helps me find the sweet spot that keeps things moving along.