View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobubba View Post
When I try this, I end up with just the task name as plain text in the notes field, not as a link. I tried copying both projects and individual tasks with the same result. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
You need to click on the row handle of the action or project you want to link to, then copy. If you are editing the target, you'll just get text.
Quote:
And speaking of links, when I use the Copy As Link command, I do get what looks like a proper link, but instead of taking me to the task it's supposed to represent, all the link does is open a new window with my default perspective. Right now the only intra-OF linking technique that's working for me is dragging a perspective icon from the Perspectives window. :-(
Is your target task visible in your default perspective? There's an annoying bug in OmniFocus that I've been complaining about for many years that may be biting you here. If you cause a window to be opened (by clicking on a link, for example) and that window opens with a perspective that would not normally permit the display of the action you requested, OmniFocus may churlishly show you the window you requested, without the content you requested. I reported this bug before the version that contained it was released, but no doubt they are still using "there are more requests for other things" as a justification for not fixing it.