View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post

For your perspective, try changing availability filter from remaining to available.

Set it to remaining if you want to see all the actions that haven't been completed yet.

Set it to available to show only the actions that can be done. Projects that are set to "On Hold" are considered my Someday/Maybe projects. You won't see any actions from On Hold projects when you set availability to available. You also won't see the other actions that can't be completed unless the first next action is completed.
Got it. And this is where I wasn't getting it. I had noticed that in my Next perspective, that while the Aperture project (the project on hold/someday), wasn't showing up (good!), some of the items for an impeding trip were also not showing up (bad - maybe). The issue was that I had a start date for two of five items within the project 'Trip to MD' and one end date. Those weren't on the Next perspective because of those dates - right? They'll show up somewhere - either in Next or in Due when it's within 7 days of the start and/or end date I've set.

Aside from the default Project, Contexts, Due, perspectives, I now have 3 more:

-Next
-Available (showing me things that I could work on (unfortunately, it still wants to include that Aperture Someday project) Grrr.
-Someday which works exactly as I expected.

There's also Flagged up in the toolbar, but I'm not sure if I'll use it or not. I mean, if it's important enough to do, it's in Due or Next (or possibly in Avail?).

Contexts. I started with two: Home, Away. I've since added Writing because once I entered edits, revisions, book fair, promotion and everything else, it really needed it's own context least I become overwhelmed looking at the other two contexts.
Then I looked at everything I had and realized that some items could be either away or home or work - those being phone calls, emails, etc. Since I usually always have the iPhone or the iPad with me, I made a 4th and final context: Communication.

I can see where I'll fidget with this over time. Will I add simply add Communication under Away, Home, and Office as sub contexts? Will I even care for/use the location reminders? Baby steps. Baby steps.

I can see where themes will come in handy. Simple things like increased font size or a different font altogether. I like the idea of indenting tasks/projects under categories in some of the theme.

But for now, I'm going to play around with the basics a bit more.

Thanks, everyone. You've been extremely kind and I truly appreciate all the help and the tips. Thanks to you, I now feel comfortable enough to ditch the water wings and start swimming.