View Single Post
Rob

This is a fantastic script and I appreciate how much work has gone into this. I've got it working beautifully from the terminal prompt as I'm going to do the 'Hazel thing' and make it happen automatically in the background.

There are just two little wrinkles.

1. The start dates I get in iThought are 10 hours behind what I see in OmniF. Now I'm in Australia and 10hours ahead of GMT, which might be relevant. My test task has a start date of 1 June 2013, 11pm, and the entry in the ITM file says
start="010613 130000"

When I load this into iThought it says, unsurprisingly, 1 June 2013 1pm.
So its out by 10 hours.

As Omnifocus defaults all startdates to midnight, effectively every date I see in the MindMap is one day earlier than it really is.

2. The code seems to be hardwired to only look at ACTIVE tasks. No matter what I do with the SQL input parameters, projects on HOLD get ignored. I've looked at the Python code but couldn't see an easy way to fix this. Am I missing something?

My work around here is to take projects off HOLD before running the script, but then I'm less likely to use the HOLD feature which is a really useful way of simplifying what I look at in OMNIF.

(Ideally, I'd love the ON HOLD projects to land in MindMap with a different colour....).

Despite these wrinkles its still a great script.

K