View Single Post
Greetings,

What are some of your tips and strategies for overcoming distraction with OmniFocus? If I grew up in another era, I probably would be labeled ADD and heavily medicated. Notwithstanding this self-diagnosis, I am hoping to use OmniFocus to better focus on my tasks.

I have my share of external distractions at work, but typically, I am my own worst enemy. I can be in the middle of working on one project and then check my email and start running in a million directions.

One strategy that I have use with some success is the procrastination hack mentioned here.

I have also thought about doing something like:Bubbletimer, but I don't know if this would duplicate my desire to get organized within OmniFocus.

One of my difficulties in adopting OmniFocus is that there are so many ways to set it up I find myself constantly fiddling with the various perspectives and views.

Has anybody tried to only work on things that I have defined as next actions within OmniFocus? In other words, if you have another great idea while in the middle of something, create a new project and stick with the task at hand?

I have the feeling that I am always working, but if I am honest with myself, I waste a huge amount of time chasing vapor trails.

I would appreciate any advice that you can offer in being more focused while using OmniFocus.

Sincerely,
Saoirse