View Single Post
This is causing problems with my workflow. I like action groups, and how they let me intermix parallel and sequential steps. But the fact that action groups hang around, invisible in the context view, blocking the next action of the project, is really causing problems. It's bad that a grouping mechanism causes my project to grind to a halt until I review all my projects. (Usually I'm working with a focussed enough view that I can say "Hey! Where did the rest of my 'register for conference' project go? *(#@% action groups." and fix it right away. But that's a problem.)

My request:
- action groups *can* be set to auto-complete when their children are checked off
- they are *not* forced to auto-complete
- if not on auto-complete, the action group heading appears with the context of the last child (maybe as long as the default category is not set), possibly in a different colour text, or with some way to distinguish it from actions

It seems to me this might satisfy everyone---those who want to use groupings transparently, and those who want to use action groupings to trigger planning. (But it can't be a global preference, because I use them both ways).

Will send this as formal feedback, unless people can convince me this is bad functionality.