View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinhart View Post
...Totally agree with this post. It perfectly reflects my usage with GTD. I wanted to start with the GTD system almost one year ago (purchases the book, OF etc.) and I am still in the phase of making gtd / OF perfect in theory... So maybe THIS is the key. Start using OF and see what happens in future, since a system you work with will constantly evolve and change.
The start of the year offered me a chance to purge my OF database nearly completely and start clean. What remained for Project organization are my Areas of Responsibility and some of the top-level internal Folders within them. What remained for Task management were my location- and personnel-based Contexts. What changed significantly was the dropping of "mood-based" Context in favor of those based on a problem-solving approach ... define, research, review, do, complete, and grade/evaluate. Additionally, what will change is to streamline my Task-level definitions of Projects to have the fewest (necessary and sufficient) steps rather than a potential over-abundance of detail.

We'll see how this evolution goes. Already though, the new Contexts map nicely with my oversight of progress on projects in a "Kanban" style that I manage (elsewhere) for a more global perspective.

So, rather than seeing it as an end in itself, consider OmniFocus as a flexible tool to create and manage the resources you need when you decide that you need them.

--
JJW