View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Hmm, okay, a couple more questions/ideas:

Are you allowed to use your airport interface on your MBP? If not, I'm not sure that Bonjour will be of any more use to you.

If you can use the wireless interface, can you turn on your MBP's web server and connect to it from the iPhone using the your-machine-name.local address (which will be displayed in the Sharing pane in System Preferences), possibly creating your own wireless network?

You might see if your IT group would be willing to set a longer default lease time for your MBP's mac address, like the length of a work day. Setting the address once a day might not be as onerous as every 4 hours!
I picked up a VZn Broadband USB 2.0 adapter and have that working for direct connectivity to the Internet. Of course that means I can not be on
their network at all and that is fine. Hence I think WIFI would be ok for
brief periods as long as they are not sweeping for wifi... even though I am not on their network... :(

I have apache enabled on the Ethernet adapter. Now I will have active the
Broadband which I don't want to enable web services on, but want to enable web services on wifi interface. Seems easier for me to do "under the hood" from the linux cli, then working with coco. (I know that seems funny perhaps, but I need to run apache against the wifi but never the Broadband..) Looks like I have some research to do.

Thanks for the heads up on this!;)

Mark