View Single Post
I think many things will happen to the Mac App Store.

If it should be a success with existing users, and a single point of something, it must recognize existing software, and upgrade it. Not sure how Apple will do it. One option would be to have developers submit customer e-mail addresses, so that people who have already bought directly will be recognized. Apple would need to have a cut-off date for this though, to prevent further sales outside of the store. Also gives issues for people who has one address for itunes, and another for direct purchases (like me).

I am still holding off a little, hoping for a price drop / discount. With Aperture being $80 on the AppStore, $199 direct due to different licensing, I hope to see more software (including Omnifocus) drop a little. At $50 I would jump in without hesitation. But we will have to see in the next month or so what happens to pricing.

I also understand why Omnigroup keeps their prices up. Gives prospective buyers the feeling it might be a better product. My sales for an iPhone app also went up with price. $.99/$1.99 sold far fewer copies than $2.99 and $3.99. Omnigroup might test new prices all well, as it is quick to do, and you can quickly see if the price change gains or costs you money.