View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Out of curiosity, when you are travelling, how many tasks do you typically have that you would want adjusted to match your time zone?
Almost all of my recurring tasks need to float so that the start/due times remain the same regardless of the time zone I am in. What makes this truly obnoxious is that with the current behavior, when I complete a recurring task, OF Mac, iPhone, and iPad all set the start/due time for the current time zone. Which means my start/due times for recurring tasks I completed in a different time zone are wrong when I get back home.

I've contacted OF support through feedback several times, and they say they've added this to their feature request DB. But this is becoming enough of an annoyance for me that I thought I'd try a more public approach to get it implemented sooner. Those of us who need time zone support can't possibly be a minority among OF users. I'm not sure why this would be complicated to implement. Most calendar applications (including iCal and Calendar) support timezones, and in the case of tasks that need floating times (as I describe above), a simple checkbox should work from a UI perspective.