View Single Post
whpalmer4: I'm seeing the sort order you described - but only down to the project level. Within a given project, the sort order of individual actions in Context view is not correct (which is how I interpret jt32's post). Here is my situation:

I have 2 repeating projects for my weekly review, one with seven actions and the other with eleven actions. (This is because of the Windows laptop at work and iMac at home situation that many people have.) I do the 7 actions at work on Friday afternoon - all with @laptop context. I then do the 11 actions at home on Sunday evening - all with @Mac context. In Planning/Project view, the seven & eleven actions are in the desired order, all with the same date & time for start and due dates (within each project). From week to week, the correct order is maintained. So far, so good.

However, in the Context view, the actions are mixed up. The seven actions in my Friday review on the laptop are in this order in the @laptop context: 4,3,5,2,7,1,6. The eleven actions in my Sunday review on the iMac are in this order in the @Mac context: 2,5,4,3,11,10,9,7,1,X,6,8. And what is the "X" you ask? It is a SAL action that happens to have the same date & time due!

And finally, your last comment is not correct either in my situation. I get EXACTLY the same sequence for both projects in both contexts on both my iPod Touch and my desktop! The order in Context view is not alphabetical nor any other logic that I can think of, but it is consistent between the two apps. Oh, and yes, both projects are sequential.

So, like jt32, I find this disconcerting - especially when I am trying to perform my weekly review from the Context view and the steps are not in the correct order!

Last edited by dpvanwormer; 2009-06-30 at 04:04 AM..