View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocomoj View Post
Omni Group's pricing model needs adjustment for modern times. Purchasing all three apps means loyal users have poured more than $100 into the OmniFocus system. (Not to mention the other Omni apps we've bought.) The price to upgrade needs to be practically zero, if not zero. That's the norm for Mom and Pop developers in 2013.

If Omni Group can't support that model, maybe 50 employees is too many.
Buying OmniFocus for all three platforms has paid itself ten times over in helping me with my job and my personal life.

If you think OmniFocus is not worth the price then don't come and play. There are many other alternatives for you.

The hard part about the iTunes store is that it adjusted everyone's expectations that we should pay no more than five bucks for game or productivity apps nowadays.

Let's look at the Mac App solutions since this is the most expensive part of the equation:

Things $24.99
The Hit List $49.95 plus monthly subscription for syncing
2Do $29.99
TaskPaper $29.99
FireTask $39.99
OmniFocus 1 and OmniFocus 2 Pro $79.99 (upgrade at 50% off for approximately $40)

OmniFocus 2 standard $39.99 (upgrade at 50% for approximately $20)

Now it can be argued that OmniFocus is expensive compared to the others but OF1 and OF2 Pro is targeting a different market segment who needs more then just a task list. OmniFocus 2 standard will bring itself in line with the other task managers at $39.99 and is targeting folks who have never used higher end features such as Applescripting and custom perspectives.

If you bought OF1 before January 31 (I believe that's the cutoff date?), you'll get a substantial discount for purchasing an upgrade.

If you think that adding on the iPhone and iPad version makes it too expensive, then you have no need to buy them anyways!

The iPad and iPhone versions won't need upgrading and will work seamlessly with OF1 and OF2. So there is no immediate upgrade cost for you if you already bought them.

Your OF1 will still be functional and is still a worthwhile purchase.

It sounds to me that you didn't get your money's worth. There are plenty of other task managers that would offer the right amount of features and price for you.

But everyone talks about wanting to get their money's worth. When I check the blogs and podcasts, it seems that there are a lot of folks who have definitely gotten their money's worth and more. It takes a bit of investment in time and money to get it going. There is no magic bullet - even with the other task managers.

Last edited by wilsonng; 2013-03-03 at 02:23 PM..