View Single Post
I've submitted these as feedback, but I thought I'd post them here, too, in case I'm overlooking something.

Here's a recipe that highlights three perspective bugs in revision 96142. Some of these steps probably aren't required -- I'm not sure what the minimal set is:
  1. Launch OmniFocus
  2. In context mode, select "Contexts" in the context hierarchy and set the view bar to all contexts, ungrouped, flagged, available, any duration, any flag state.
  3. Change to planning mode, select "Library" in the project hierarchy and set the view bar to all projects, ungrouped, unsorted, all states, any duration, any flag state.
  4. In the perspective window, save this perspective and check "also restore settings for other mode". Call it Test1.
  5. Switch to context mode. Change the view bar to group by due.
  6. In the perspective window, save this perspective and do not check "also restore settings for other mode." Call it Test2.

BUG #1 (minor): Test2 should be checked in the Perspective menu, since it was just created, but it's not. Test1 is still checked.
  7. Choose Test2 from the Perspective menu.
  8. Choose Test1 from the Perspective menu.
  9. Switch to context mode.

BUG #2: note that the view is grouped by due, even though Test1 should have saved it as ungrouped.
  10. In the perspective window, click once to select Test2 and click minus to delete it.
  11. In the perspective window, click once to select Test1 and click minus to delete it.

BUG #3: watch the toolbar bounce several times and then disappear.

There's actually another minor bug that I haven't seen mentioned:
  1. open the perspective window
  2. press + to add a new perspective
  3. type a new name but do not press return
  4. click the "snapshot/camera" button to save the perspective

Pressing the button actually blows away the typed name instead of saving it. (That button probably wasn't meant for saving the name, but it makes sense. And it shouldn't blow away typing, anyway, since even closing the window doesn't do that.)

Last edited by davisre; 2007-12-16 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: added revision number