View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Feeling better now that you've bitten the hand trying to feed you? :)
Actually no. I was pointing out the fact that making a public display of something that was not true was uncalled for and it is something that I personally do not allow anyone, no matter how smart, to do. And it was uncalled for. Yes I was reading, yes I have hit the net, yes I was asking questions in the best way I could. I am a teacher and if someone is spending their time showing someone something, for whatever reason, then they need to be patient and kind. To mock someone with a statement like set theText to "do some reading > Save some time @ Library" is, well just mean and infers laziness. There are MUCH better ways to say what was said.

Yes I am struggling with the syntax of the language and that would have been all that needed to be said. No I wasn't asking to have you guys code for me as that would defeat the purpose of what I was trying to achieve. I was however asking questions of people who I though knew more that I and was hoping for some insight. There were several problems with what I was doing. I was parsing text that is being delivered to me via an email I can't control. Second it was not clear in the examples given that the " Action >Project @Context #1d #2d " line needed to be in the first line parsed. This I discovered for myself after your clearer description and have since parsed successfully except for one thing. There is a balance of information in the original email that also needs to be in the notes and I am at that point in the problem.

Thanks for your help,

d