View Single Post
Thank you, Brian.

Allow me also to ask for one more clarification: I presume that, if I create a task with a reminder on the iPhone version of OF, and my Mac is turned off, the reminder will still be created in the iPhone calendar?

I guess my problem is this: I subscribed to the OF .ics calendar on my iPhone (tapping on Mail, Contacts & Calendars>Add an account>Other>Subscribe) as instructed by Omni. However, since iPhone OS 3.1, MobileMe automatically does sync calendars one has subscribed to through the desktop version of iCal. As a result, I got two version of the "OmniFocus Reminders" calendar on my iPhone: One from the direct subscription on the iPhone, and one from the desktop subscription via MobileMe.

Worrying that having duplicate reminder calendars would result to, well, duplicate reminder alarms, I followed Apple's instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3634

Here is the most relevant excerpt:
Quote:
"Note: If you manually added a subscribed calendar on your iPhone or iPod touch with iPhone OS 3.0 or later, after updating to 3.1, your subscribed calendars may now appear twice if you have that subscribed calendar in iCal and are syncing with MobileMe. You can safely delete the calendar added directly on the iPhone or iPod touch by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tapping on the name of the calendar, and then tapping Delete Account."
After following Apple's advice, however, and waiting for some time, I don't see my OF reminders getting synced to the iPhone.

So, all in all: How does reminder syncing work with iPhone 3.1? Do we get a duplicate OF reminder calendar (and hence duplicate reminders) or do we delete the old-fashioned subscription and receive the reminder calendar on the iPhone via MobileMe, as per Apple?

Thank you for clarifying. This is making me crazy. I wish Omni had come up with a healthier approach to reminders.