View Single Post
I agree that OF still has a long way to go before it can go above 10K. I think I've seen some setups where some people create folders and label each folder as an Area of Responsibility in project mode. Then they create subfolders and projects that contribute to each Area:

AOR: Good spouse

Subfolder: Be a good parent
Subfolder: Parent Teacher associatin

AOR: Office Manager

Subfolder: Employee morale
Project: 10th Anniversary party

AOR: Spirituality

Subfolder: Organize Easter week activities for Sunday school

Maybe this would be a way to work in the Areas of Responsibilities?

Yes, working at the Higher Horizons is a little tougher in OF. But then again, OF is version 1.x. Hopefully v2.0 will take clues from some of the other GTD programs out there. Maybe you can e-mail the support ninjas and point them to some URLs and software packages. It should help provide them clues about what has worked in other programs and how they can improve OF.

I choose OF because it was just leaps and bounds over Things. But Things has its place in the world for folks who just want a simpler task manager.

If I recall the Omni Roadmap, they had been working furiously on OF for the iPad and OmniGraffle for the iPad over the last year. I believe they are still working on OmniOutliner for the iPad and OmniPlan 2.0 for the Mac. Maybe they'll get around to OF 2.0 pretty soon.