View Single Post
Multiple contexts can lend itself easily to abuse and over-engineering.

IMHO, I think assigning too many contexts to a task will lead to more confusion.

Imagine having a multiple context OmniFocus. If I have a task for "Ask wife about Subject A", I could assign the following contexts:

@Home
@Wife
@Phone

If I go to my context perspectives, this task will appear three times. Once under @Home because I usually see my wife at home. It will also appear under @Wife. And then it appears yet again under @Phone. My scrolling list just got longer!

Under the current OmniFocus single context setup, I would just assign the @Wife context and be done with it. I know I can just look at my @Wife perspective and either decide to call her, text her, phone her, e-mail her, or instant message her. It doesn't bother me that it's not in the @Phone or @Home. Or heck, I could over-engineer and add on

@Facebook
@e-mail
@online
@texting

If I really want to talk to my wife, I don't necessarily have to assign the contexts @Phone or @Home. I can just look at @Wife and know that I have multiple tools (contexts) to get in touch with her.

The simpler your context setup is, the easier it is to handle. Unless there is something that Things users can do with multiple contexts that I can't quite grasp?

But it seems that there are quite a few Things users that keep coming over to the OmniFocus side because of all of Things' other shortcomings.