View Single Post
I just found that this discussion ranks 5th in terms of replies on the forum and I found that I've been following it now since several years.

I know and appreciate that Omni makes very thoughtful decisions around which features to work on at what priority. Also everything is a question of resources. I've worked as a product manager in b2b IT, so I've faced these challenges myself. Omni has a fairly big portfolio of high class products that play on various devices - which experience enormous growth in popularity. All of which multiplies the sheer volume of tasks and complexity in product management. So my sympathy is with the Omni management who succeed at keeping quality and development speed up to their high standards despite of all the challenges of their own success.

Still, I'll quit following this particular thread now after several years of reading the back and forth.

I'm tired of reading how people religously defend and rate workarounds over(!) a feature which the entire industry regards as basic. No doubt - workarounds are a good thing and deserve our praise as long as they are needed for the lack of the real thing. But no longer than that.

I trust that Omni at some point will incorporate a rich repeat option ("every 3rd Friday of the month"). It'll help me automate many preparation tasks for recurring meetings, finances, hobby activities, etc. and thus get the workarounds out of my head into a system that I can trust even more.

Cheers everyone.
Chris

PS:
For those who still don't understand the difference between "every 3rd Friday of the month" and a selected "Friday every 4 weeks" - do yourself a favor and ask someone.

Last edited by c.nick; 2011-10-19 at 12:38 AM..