View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtus View Post
I use OF on my iPhone and it's really god but it takes time to add a lot of actions on a small touchscreen.

Would it be possible to keep the Mail.app and OF running on a Mac at home, mailing actions to yourself and let the Mail.app rule add those actions to OF and automatically sync the actions to the cloud and then just open OF on an iPhone and have all those actions there?
Sure, I do that quite often. Works OK, so long as you remember to send your messages as plain text format. I use it most often for getting the URLs of web pages I want to read or reply to into OF from iPad/iPhone. I don't believe you can create new projects (or contexts) that way, however, so setting up new projects would be a bit of a headache. You would have to create a new project on the iPhone, sync, wait for the Mac application to sync (which you could accelerate by sending an email action to it, which will cause a sync a minute after it is received from the Mail app), then send the action(s) for the new project. You could also jury-rig something with Applescript that ran when you emailed a certain address and had OmniFocus create a new project, if doing so is a frequent need.