View Single Post
My first thought was that your Omnifocus structures seem to be too tightly tied to your show. I agree that it seems logical, if you have a weekly show, to have a weekly container for your work that represents the show. But I don't think that it actually works. It seems to me that the show would come together _after_ much of the work is done, so what do you hook that work to in the meantime?

For example, let's say that you want to interview Person X on your show. You get contact information, you send emails, make phone calls, coordinate your schedule, discuss the content of the show. Those are all tasks that should be tracked in OmniFocus, but until you know what show Person X will be participating in, you don't have a show to hook that work to.

I'd say that instead, this would be represented by a project "Recruit/Schedule Person X for future show". That project would be in a high-level folder "Radio Show", and depending on how fine-grained you like your system, there might be an intermediate folder, "Manage Guests".

Similarly, "Complete on-site interview of Person Y" would be a separate project, not a substask or subproject of a specific show. This project might be in "Manage Guests" or "Prepare Content", or, again, if you don't like things that fine-grained, it might again just be under "Radio Show".

Each weekly show probably would be a project, but I see it as mostly a project that's fed by other projects - rather than being a holder for all of the complexity of all of those tasks, it would just refer out to them, and they would refer in to it.

I think that this structure would let you think more globally, across multiple shows. If you decided that you'd like to organize your guests, or content, many shows ahead of time, it would support that. And it might provide a structure for the firmer ideas that are currently just in the inspiration soup.

Gardener