View Single Post
I would want to be able to create checklists and other outlines using OmniOutliner on Mac or iPad, but maybe see only the basics on iPhone. To me, the features consistent with CarbonFin Outliner would be all I need on the iPhone, perhaps coupled with the ability to filter or sort by column information but not necessarily to see it on one screen. in other words, to use an outline but not necessarily do all the advanced work to set it up. So my main required features for an iPhone version would be:

Basically, just as I do with OmniFocus, I want to do more advanced/detailed creating/management on iPad or Mac, but be able to put the output to use on iPhone.

1. See the core outline (the hierarchy)
2. Expand/collapse sections individually or all at once
3. Add/remove/edit/rearrange times
4. Show/hide checked items
5. Uncheck all items
6. Sync with iPad and Mac versions (document level sync)
7. (preferably) Drill into an item to edit additional column data (perhaps only if the columns are pre-defined on Mac or iPad)
8. (maybe) Filter or sort on additional column information
9. (not so much me but I bet many would want) View/hide note associated with outline steps

Oh, and this is not iPhone specific, but I think there should be an OmniFocus template for Outliner that lets me plan projects in Outliner and then export to OmniFocus very seamlessly. I realize this capability is sort of there now but it doesn't seem as seamless as it could be.