View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I respectfully disagree. It just feels like unnecessary complexity to me. There are already a variety of solutions available using the notes field in OmniFocus or OmniOutliner or plain text files outside of OmniFocus.
I agree. Keep it as simple as necessary. If you must have a list, you can make a new context called "list" and put the entire context on hold (that way it won't appear in your next actions lists); then you can make list items that you'll never be prompted to act on. I use this method for listing my weekly/monthly/daily goals. It's nice to have this right there in OF.

GTD teaches that action lists and reference material ought to be completely separate, so that may be one reason you're finding resistance to this subject.

That said, I think it might be good if OmniFocus in the future had a within-the-program way of organizing reference materials (ie. external files). Though it isn't much work to create a folder on your hard drive and put your support materials in it, it would be nice to be able to tie those folders directly to OmniFocus, have OF keep them organized, and even have OF archive or delete them once the projects are completed or dropped.