View Single Post
When it comes to syncing, let's face it, given the interapplication functionality of Apple's OS 10.X.X, iCal is exactly where all the action is going to be at in terms of syncronization. I think the OmniPeople have got that straight.

Have you looked at the To Do list features in Mail 3 under Leopard? It looks pretty GTD collection friendly to me (send myself an e-mail from anywhere) and it can be manually flagged to dump into iCal and therefore into our OF of the future.

I'm a Microsoft Office guy at the moment, but only e-mails from my Russian friends using non Unicode operating systems is holding me back from dumping that whole Microsoft thing and going with the built in Apple apps and iWorks.

I think my Palm T/X is going to handle that syncing fine (including contexts) just using the software I've got (iCal, Missing Sync, Tasks or Agendus) if the contexts are preserved in the iCal sync to Palm as categories/calendars. A special app with a conduit might be nice, but I'd like it best if everything sync'ed perfectly to the existing Palm databases and then any sensical Palm PIM app would do the right thing and play nice.

Paper printouts that create a product formatted like PocketMod would simply be fantastic and shouldn't be that hard to make an option to future versions.

As for privacy. . . bite the bullet --- encrypt everything. I was a peripheral NSA spook for a few years in the military. Resistance is futile without adaptation.

Last edited by bluebaltic; 2007-02-20 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Stupidity