View Single Post
pgtratnyek - please bear with me as I try to be thorough -

A snapshot and a homepage are two different things in OW. When you take a snapshot, it saves OW's current session at that moment in time including tabs, other windows, and all currently opened URLs. Homepages are loaded when OW opens a new tab and/or a new window. So knowing that, this means:

1. I can open a workspace to always start with (the snapshot of) Google, but when I open a new tab in OW, it will always load (my homepage of) Yahoo for example.
2. When I start a new workspace it loads my snapshot, not my homepage, unless...(see 3)
3. If I want OW to start with my homepage on startup, I will need to set that homepage in OW's preferences as well as take a snapshot of it - for each workspace.

A key thing to know is that each workspace has its own snapshot, and each workspace can have the option to auto-save sessions individually.

This means that if I take a snapshot of a blank page in workspace 1 (ws1), that when I start workspace 2 (ws2) that I'll be presented with whatever snapshot was created for ws2. WS1's blank snapshot has no effect on ws2's startup state, however they both will load the same homepage (set in OW's preferences) on new windows and tabs.

If you have several workspaces available to be able to switch around while using OW, but you always want OW to start with a single blank page every single time it's launched, you'll need to take a blank snapshot for every workspace individually.