View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apinstein View Post
It seems that you can only attach locations to contexts, though, which is a little odd. For instance, in my errands I might have a number of items, each from different stores. I'd like to attach locations to individual items without having to create a new context for a single item.

I guess I can kinda see the desire to keep things "clean" and use contexts as sets of resources (including locations). But it feels weird to create a context for a single item. Should I just get over that?
I would say get over it, you can have one project called home but many contexts: Errands-hardware store, Errands-groceries, Errands-dry cleaning. Then set contexts for: Business search "hardware store", business search "grocery store", address "123 main, anytown IL". With this setup the iPhone location tasks will locate the stores for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinstein View Post
1. A set of items to get at the grocery store (would like to do it if near any publix)
2. Get back something I borrowed from a friend (set location to his house)
3. Pick up an item that was repaired at a shop (it's in my errands context).
for this I would use:
1. business search
2. address, the context would be "Bob Jones" as something you need to talk to Bob about
3. address, since the this is where you left the item.

hope that helps.