View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I'm a bit confused, I think. Why not mark the projects as On-Hold or as Pending if that's where you want them to appear? Is there some use case I'm not thinking of?
Of course, it depends entirely how you’ve got your system set up. Like many people, I use folders and sub-folders for broad (and more specific) definitions of areas of responsibility. There have been times when I just don’t want to think everyday about certain areas of responsibility—either because I can’t, or because I don’t want to think about those things for a while (and know I haven’t got to).

So, for example, I am living in Geneva for a year as part of my university course in the UK. When I got here, there was no Internet connection in my flat—therefore, I didn’t want to be reminded daily about any Website design stuff (plus, I needed to concentrate on moving in and settling here). I could of course just have disabled all the relevant contexts, but that would have been inappropriate since I wanted to keep some of my online-related contexts for the times when I went to use the Internet in a local cybercafé. So, I marked as Inactive the Web-design folder in my system. However, I thought at the time that it would have been useful to have seen what was in that and other disabled folders when I was doing my reviews.

I’ve been meaning to write to Omni support about this ever since I noticed it a couple of months ago—this thread has spurred me on to follow that up at last! (Heh, just because I’m vaguely organized doesn’t necessarily mean I Get Things Done.)