View Single Post
Thanks Brian for moving this to a new thread. At least now we know what we are talking about ;)

It seems I somewhat misuse the calendar export feature. But for planning I use iCal and if projects from OF show up in iCal I'm aware of that. I use OF for some of my daily/weekly/monthly routines and then some of that stuff doesn't show up in iCal which makes planning a bit difficult since then all those items are missing.

If that use is unintended, my bad, but I don't care about crazy pop-ups beebs and blinks. The less distraction I have the better. But I care for overview and sync ability.

I still don't fully understand what's holding this back. What do you personally think about my use-case? Is that absurd? For me it was obvious and I really though that was, what this feature was originally was implemented for.

What's the point in "not want to sync every day, or even every week"? I don't understand the issue here. This is a setting in iCal in the subscribed calendar. So no big deal, imo. And what's the point in not syncing at least every week (which seems quite seldom to me)? Having all the due dates inaccurate? Sorry, I don't understand this argument at all.

How are those folkes helped by the 2-week limit?

Keeping sync times in a useful range makes total sense and is your good right to set as you wish, BUT (as with the turn off-alarm option issue a while ago) I think it's always the best to give the user a choice.

That a thing Apple seems to fail deliberately at a very high rate. Don't know why. Maybe Steve is a control freak? But even Apple seems to get the point: they now gave the user the option to adjust the hardware-switch on the iPad - u know what I'm talking about, right?

Bottom line: why not let the user choose? I think this needs some testing in order to make a decision. If you need a beta tester, I'll be happy to test to sync all my due-dates with the risk of a crash or whatever. I have a MacBook Pro and and iPhone 3G to test this with.