View Single Post
Hi,

The Level command is great: it has properly rescheduled all the tasks in my trial projects when adding resources/constraints.

Except now.

One of the assigned person on the project went from working full time to working 60% of its time. So I set its Units value to 60%. Of course, his load graph went pink, showing overutilization for that resource. So far so good.

So I tried to Level the project, expecting all the tasks durations to be lengthened. But no, the load graph stayed pink.

The Help file says:

" A pink bar in the load graph represents time when the resource is being used at over 100% of its available units. You can level the project to clear up such problems."

Which is somewhat ambiguous to me (as a non-native English speaker). But as far as I understand, this quite relevant: my ressource available units are 60 (%). 100% of 60 is 60 (!), and my resource is actually used at over those 60 units.

Thus it seems to me this is a bug (IMHO): leveling the project should clear up the problem, but it doesn't.

Any suggestion to work that around? I could edit that person's calendar to make him available only 60% of the time (manually), but I don't like that idea very much.

Or did I miss something?

TIA,

Jean-Denis